Quick, Urgent question

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 24 15:42:55 EDT 2002

You almost certainly have some sort of routing or IP misconfiguration,
host name resolution problem or something like that.

In future, please do not remove details like IP addresses etc
from your logs especially in situations where they might actually be
useful to someone debugging your problem.  If your identity or
security requirements are such that you cannot even post your address
or realm name, then perhaps you should hire someone and get them to
sign an NDA rather than posting to a news group.

I suspect that especially on Linux somehow localhost (127.0.0.1) is
somehow involved either in the KDC request or the KDC response.  This
could be because resolving your kdc yields 127.0.0.1 on the KDC
itself, because of some routing rules, or because of something I'm not
thinking of.