Preauthentication data -- please help!

Monica Lau mllau2002 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 18:00:42 EDT 2002

Hi all,

We are using Linux and Lynx versions of the KDC server -- Kerberos version 1.2.5.  In our KDC client applications, we need the preauthentication data from the KDC server.  So far, the "padata" field is null in the AS-REP messages from the KDC server.  Does anyone know how/where we specify that we want the preauthentication data?  I am sure that we are simply not setting some parameters in the AS-REQ message, but we are not sure what.  We are very new to Kerberos -- if anyone can offer some suggestions -- that would be really helpful!  Please help!  Thanks.

Monica