Configuration problem

Brett R Gordon brgordon at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jul 22 14:44:54 EDT 2002

I'm having some problems getting Kerberos installed on a RH 7.3 Intel
machine.

I downloaded and installed all of the appropriate RPMs.

I believe that I created the master key and added some principals
correctly through kadmin.local.  So, I'm able to start the three services,
but it doesn't seem to authenticate anyone.

As in a previous message to this list, I receive the following error while
trying to start kadmin:

-> "Authenticating as principal root/admin at pc255.gsia.cmu.edu with  password.
-> kadmin: Required parameters in kdc.conf missing while initializing
kadmin interface"

I have included my config files below.

Thanks,
Brett

***krb5.conf**************
[logging]
default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log
kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log
admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmin.log

[libdefaults]
ticket_lifetime = 24000
default_realm = pc255.gsia.cmu.edu
dns_lookup_realm = false
dns_lookup_kdc = false

[realms]
PC255.GSIA.CMU.EDU = {
  kdc = pc255.gsia.cmu.edu:88
  admin_server = pc255.gsia.cmu.edu:749
  default_domain = cmu.edu
}

[kdc]
profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf

[domain_realm]
 .cmu.edu = PC255.GSIA.CMU.EDU
 cmu.edu = PC255.GSIA.CMU.EDU
 .gsia.cmu.edu = PC255.GSIA.CMU.EDU
 gsia.cmu.edu = PC255.GSIA.CMU.EDU
 pc255.gsia.cmu.edu = PC255.GSIA.CMU.EDU

******kdc.conf*****************

[kdcdefaults]
acl_file = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5.acl
dict_file = /usr/share/dict/words
admin_keytab = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
v4_mode = nopreauth

[realms]
 PC255.GSIA.CMU.EDU = {
  max_life = 12h 0m 0s
  master_key_type = des-cbc-crc
  supported_enctypes = <a lot of stuff here....>
 }