imap/pine/w2k

Antti atniemi at cc.hut.fi
Thu Jul 11 02:57:10 EDT 2002

Hello,

 I've succesfully kerberized my imap server on a debian woody
distribution, and my kerberized linux pine functions as it should.
However, I would like to get the pc-pine work as well but I'm having
troubles doing it.

 When I start the pc-pine it only announces that "Can't do secure
authentication with this server" and nothing more. On the maillog, it says
that the server got imap service init from xxx.foo.bar and then it only
says "Logout user=??? host=xxx.foo.bat [xxx.xxx.xxx]" I googled around a
lot to find answers but came across with none. So I was wondering if
anyone has any ideas for solving this.

 I don't know much how w2k uses kerberos, but anyhow the kdc is a w2k
server and it functions as a domain controller. My linux hosts uses it
also and the kerberos seems to be functioning very well
(imap/pine/openssh on my linux hosts authenticate via kerberos without
problems).