Compiling 1.2.5 on True64 v5.x

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 9 17:04:01 EDT 2002

Quoth tlyu at mit.edu (Tom Yu):
[... re indented # in preprocessor statements]

| Did you use the "-std" flag to cc?  It's documented in the build notes
| as being necessary.  Tru64 4.x I think had a cc that defaulted to K&R
| mode.

No, I didn't use -std, and it does help with the indented parentheses.
Minus that problem, it doesn't appear to be necessary at this point -
in terms of compiler errors, anyway, from there on it was all about
signed vs. unsigned.

Digital UNIX cc doesn't so much default to K&R, as accommodates it.
It would work fine everywhere you have "#ifdef __STDC__", as would
any fairly recent compiler.  But it doesn't define __STDC__, and
that's really what -std is usually about -- it's just there to get
that macro.

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu