kerberos 1.2.3 compile problems on aix 4.3.3

Marcio d'Avila Scheibler marcio at cpd.ufsm.br
Wed Feb 27 14:02:16 EST 2002

> I had trouble compiling kerberos 1.2.3 on AIX 4.3.3.  I got it to build with
> cc, which doesn't define __STDC__, but not with xlc, which does.  I am using
> version 5 of the AIX C compiler.

I don't know if it helps you (I work just with gcc or older xlc
compilers and I don't tried krb5 1.2.3 yet, maybe next week...),
but from my generic experiences :-) about building packages
(including krb5 1.2.2) from sources on AIX, I often
try "-DALL_SOURCE" flag in order to enable almost all
necessary declarations into header files.

In general, it solves (at least for me) compiling troubles
that looks like to be coming from AIX header files.

Other point to think about. Even though I think
IBM compiler could generate a kind of "better" or
"faster" (since AIX comes from IBM), for while
I believe I've been better luck with gcc than IBM cc
regarding a successfully building proccess.

Marcio d'Avila Scheibler - Divisao de Suporte (marcio at cpd.ufsm.br)
Centro de Processamento de Dados - Campus Universitario - CEP 97105-900
Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - RS - Brasil