Reposted 1)kerberizing an app and 2) the mit kerberos on NT4/w2k executables (server)

norman normang at freemail.absa.co.za
Sat Feb 23 06:43:03 EST 2002

apologies.. corrected spelling and repost

After reading many of the studies and case examples here, it is clear that
the W2K version of kerberos has genuine issues and compatibility problems.
I am wanting to design an app  that is genuinely kerberized and therefore
want to run the MIT version on a NT or W2K machine, not using the existing
capability supplied by Microsoft.

1)The intention is that the mit dll will be written as a com object and then
the project will use this dll to enable the secure comms. I really would
like to know that it is feasible and comments are welcome. (the advantages
are obvious... a DLL means that we can program in  languages like VB for the
client). We have already done some investigation and to get the com object
looks quite reasonable and low cost development ( ooh that sounds like
famous last words if I ever heard:-))

2) the further issue is the W2K vs MIT.  I recognize that it is possible to
compile fro W2K and a few examples exist already on the site. Does anyone
have a source for the complied executables for win 32 SERVER (not client)