GSS_C_HOSTBASED_SERVICE and Windows 2000

Brian Smith brian-l-smith at uiowa.edu
Sat Feb 23 03:48:54 EST 2002

CVS uses GSS-API to support Kerberos. I am trying to get CVS to work
with MS Active Directory Kerberos.

The CVS code I have is using gss_nt_service_name service principal
name (SPN) format; i.e. "cvs at hostname.domain". I realize that Active
Directory needs a SPN in the form GSS_C_HOSTBASED_SERVICE; i.e.
"cvs/hostname.domain".

The problem is that when I change gss_nt_service_name to
GSS_C_HOSTBASED_SERVICE, the code doesn't compile because
GSS_C_HOSTBASED_SERVICE is not defined in the headers. This is on MIT
Kerberos for Windows 2.1.2.

So, my question is: how do I support GSS_C_HOSTBASED_SERVICE-formatted
names using MIT Kerberos for Windows?

Thanks,
Brian