Cross-realm trust

Philippe Perrin philippeperrin at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 19:47:05 EST 2002

Hello

I'm now willing to allow users authenticated in REALM1 to use services of
REALM2. I configured everything as I think I should have, and then I made a
user authenticate in REALM1, and used a telnet server in REALM2. The only
way I found to make it work was to add a ~/.k5login file containing
"user at REALM1" on the server.
How could I avoid writing such files for every user ? Can I make this server
(of REALM2) accept users of REALM1 directly ? (if I don't use this .k5login
file, the telnet server prompts for the user's password)

BTW, I'm working with MIT Kerberos 5.

Thank you

Philippe