Kerberos 64 bit compiles

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 16 16:24:52 EST 2002

    Miroslav> hartmans at mit.edu (Sam Hartman) writes:
    >> We believe it works reasonably well on alpha and ia64.  We know
    >> there are problems with sparc64.

    Miroslav> Yes, in kadmin and/or kadmind code, are you people have
    Miroslav> some patches or ideas where or what is wrong in the
    Miroslav> code? I will like to test it again on sparc64/Solaris8.

Don't expect a solution for the 1.2.x series of code.

I think we have it working better for 1.3.x but am not sure.  I
suspect it will definitely work better once we replace the RPC
library.

I can't think of any benefit to be gained by building kadmin or
kadmind as 64-bit applications.  You may need to build libkrb5 and
libgssapi_krb5 in 64-bit versions for application use, but the admin
tools aren't going to gain anything from 64-bit addresses.