Kerberos 64 bit compiles

Jim Barlow jbarlow at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 12 15:34:14 EST 2002

I was wondering if the kerberos code (1.2.6) has any problems compiling
under a 64 bit architecture?  Has anyone had success/failure with doing
it?

I have tried it on an Intel IA64 bit machine and have run into problems
where the application servers drop the connection when I try to forward
tickets.  I have also tried it on a 64 bit AIX Regatta machine and the
login.krb5 binary core dumps and the kadmin command has GSSAPI errors.
I have compiled on both machines in 32 bit mode and everything runs
without a problem.  Didn't know if there were any known problems/issues
compiling kerberos in 64 bit mode.

Thanks.

--
James J. Barlow   <jbarlow at ncsa.uiuc.edu>