Leash32 / Error 193

Hugh Woods ewoods at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu
Thu Dec 12 13:59:41 EST 2002

Just some follow up information to help troubleshoot this problem.  We
have discovered that kerberos breaks if you uninstall "Client for
Microsoft Networks" from the network control panel.  We have also been
playing with Sygate Personal firewall and had issues with getting a
ticket while the software was running.  You could turn off NetBIOS
Protection and then get a ticket which now makes sense considering it
seems to be dependent on Microsoft Networking being installed.

1) Is there a technical reason why windows need to have Microsoft
Network installed?

2) Is there anyway to get a ticket without installing Microsoft
Network?

Also, I tried kfw-2_2-beta-2-bin.zip from MIT and had the same issues.

Thanks,

Hugh Woods
Ohio University