Large tickets with jdk 1.4 error code 52

Derek Ireland direland at wedgetail.com
Tue Dec 3 18:58:11 EST 2002

On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:30:24 +0000, Varun Garg wrote:

> I am using Kerberos JAAs authentication and I am getting an error for
> some user ids which have large tickets, basically on a default the
> java api is using UDP and the ticket exceeds the max size. Is it
> possible to configure the api to use TCP and not UDP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Varun

The SUN implementation does not support TCP. We (Wedgetail Communications)
implement Kerberos for Java and have had to implement TCP support to
get around this problem for some of our customers. This seems to
be a common problem when using the Windows 2000 KDC, due to
MS putting proprietary access control information into the tickets.

Derek