problem with telnetd authentication

Brian bborch76 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 13:42:38 EST 2002

Hello,

   I am having a problem using ktelnet on my Kerberized systems.  I am
not the administrator, so I don't have access to the keytab file. The
admin is not the smartest, so I am trying to hand him the answer on a
plate.  The problems is this.  I can obtain a ticket and use krlogin
and kftp to get into the kerberized systems.  When I try to ktelnet, I
get the following message.

Trying xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...
Connected to xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx).
Escape character is '^]'.
[ Kerberos V5 accepts you as ``user at fake.com'' ]
[ Kerberos V5 accepted forwarded credentials ]
telnetd: Authorization failed.
Connection closed by foreign host

If I krlogin in to the machine, I can telnet between it and all of the
other kerberized machines.  I have also checked and the telnetd daemon
is running.  If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate
it.  Even if you just tell me "Look at line .... in the keytab file or
the krb5.conf file."

Thanks
Randy