Perl-Based Authentication...

P. Robert Marino skakillers at asan.com
Mon Dec 2 00:16:58 EST 2002

Brad W. Galiette wrote:
> Thank you for your response!
>
> While it *appears* that the module is compiling properly, the following
> error is produced when I attempt to include the module in a script (the
> script consists only of a "use" directive with the qualified module name):
>
> Can't load
> '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/auto/Authen/Krb5/Krb
> 5.so' for module Authen::Krb5:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/a
> uto/Authen/Krb5/Krb5.so: undefined symbol: __res_search at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/
> 5.8.0/i686-linux/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
>  at test_auth.pl line 4
> Compilation failed in require at test_auth.pl line 4.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test_auth.pl line 4.
>
> If you are not familiar with how to correct this, do you suppose you would
> be able to supply me with a binary for Authen::Krb5?
>
> Once again, thank you for your consideration!
>
> Brad Galiette
>

> Rodney McDuff <mcduff at its.uq.edu.au> wrote in message
> news:3DE15067.6090802 at its.uq.edu.au...
>
>>Hi Brad
>>
>>Brad W. Galiette wrote:
>>
>>>What is the best way to perform a simple authorization of a kerberos
>>
> user in
>
>>>Perl?  (Note that I have attempted to use Authen::Krb5, but for some odd
>>>reason, the package is not compiling properly.  Is a binary of this
>>>available?)  Additionally, I have tried to use Perl's open3() to capture
>>
> all
>
>>>output from kinit, but open3() on my RedHat Linux 7.3 machine results in
>>>strange behavior.  Any ideas?
>>>

>>We use both Authen::Krb5 and Krb4 on solaris 2.8, DU4 and freebsd
>>successfully. Can you provide the output from your attempt to compile it.
>>

>>--
>>Dr. Rodney McDuff               |Ex ignorantia ad sapientiam
>>Manager,                        |    Ex luce ad tenebras
>>Software Infrastructure, ITS    |
>>EMAIL: mcduff at its.uq.edu.au     |
>>TELEPHONE: +61 7 3365 8220      |

there are two should do to track down the problem
first is use the -w stitch with perl like so "#!/usr/bin/perl -w"
the second is to use strict
they may help you to track down the problem more easly
also keep in mind if your using red hat they somtimes do strange things
to the libraries for instance they put libraries in odd locations and
somtimes break them to me it looks like its looking for krb5.so in the
wrong place it should be in /usb/kerberos/lib/krb5.so
not
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux/auto/Authen/Krb5/Krb5.so:
try recompiling the module and give it the path to the libraries
read the INSTALL and or README files carefully before you recomile
hope i was a help and good luck