Discover a Kerberos KDC

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Aug 20 10:14:30 EDT 2002

>server.  However, when I pass JAAS any KDC name other than the host
>name (i.e.  _kerberos._tcp.DOMAIN.TLD, which is specified in the
>netlogon.dns file on the domain controller as a mapping), the JAAS

That's not a _host_ (A) record, that's a SRV record.  It's perfectly
valid for you to get an UnknownHostException, since it's not a host.
How you look up SRV records from Java, I have no idea (typically this
part is invisible to you; your Kerberos implementation does it for you,
but it sounds like in this case that isn't happening).

--Ken