Can KerbIV clients use krb524d to change KerbV passwords?

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 12 19:07:50 EDT 2002

eravin> in an environment with an MIT KDC and krb524d for Kerberos IV
eravin> clients, is it possible for the Kerberos IV clients to change
eravin> their passwords?  From previous posts in this newsgroup and
eravin> elsewhere, it seems like the answer is no, though I haven't
eravin> seen anyone knowledgable explicitly address the issue.

You need to run kadmind4, and create the changepw/kerberos principal,
I think.  I'm not sure if krb524d will work properly for a
changepw/kerberos ticket, but if you've got the krb4 server part of
the KDC enabled (it is enabled by default), you shouldn't need krb524d
for this.

---Tom