Alternate Authentication Methods

alan evetts alan at silent5.com
Mon Aug 12 14:28:15 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'm currently researching on if it is possible to make the MIT kerberos server (1.2.5 v5) do the actual password authentication off an RSA SecurID server - not its own password database.

Be that directly off it or through some strange PAM method  I don't really mind ( there are PAM modules available for the SecurID authing - but I don't know if kerberos can do it's authentication through a PAM system  ).  I have been scouring google for a while, and it seems a few .mil and .edu's have accomplished this - but I haven't been able to find any recent information on the subject.

Apparently kerberos' pre-auth support allows room for this sort of thing, but I have found nothing concrete or reasonably recent to make it actually happen - anyone done this / know where I can find additional information?

--
alan evetts