kadmind: Cannot set GSS-API authentication names.

Michael Bartosh mbartosh at 4am-media.com
Sat Aug 10 04:15:54 EDT 2002

I'm pretty new to MIT's kerb distro, having blindly gotten OpenBSD's to
work for a year or so (with Mac OS X clients)

When running kadmind:

> # /usr/local/sbin/kadmind
> kadmind: Cannot set GSS-API authentication names.

Already ran this:

> kadmin.local:  ktadd -k /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab
> kadmin/admin kadmin/changepw
> Entry for principal kadmin/admin with kvno 7, encryption type DES cbc
> mode with CRC-32 added to keytab
> WRFILE:/usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab.
> Entry for principal kadmin/changepw with kvno 6, encryption type DES
> cbc mode with CRC-32 added to keytab
> WRFILE:/usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab.
> kadmin.local:  q

...which was the only suggestion I found re: this error.

Platform is solaris 7. Built the distro from source using gnu tools.

Ideas? Thanks.

http://www.4am-media.com
Mac OS X Consulting and Training
Michael Bartosh
mbartosh at 4am-media.com
303.517.0272
Denver, CO

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently."

- -- Nietzsche

			Think Different.