Fwd: Re: Fwd: URGENT HELP NEEDED for Kerberos

Jameel Syed jsyed at houston.sns.slb.com
Tue Aug 6 18:35:37 EDT 2002

Hi,

         On enabling of the telnetd logs....I get the following..and looks
like there is a mismatch in the enc algorithms used by the telned and kdc...

    Any clues???

Jameel.

[ TerminalId: <xterm> ]
[ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 ]
[ Sent Kerberos V5 credentials to server ]
[ Kerberos V5 Response received ]
[ Kerberos V5 accepts you as 'jsyed at HOUSTON.OMNE
S.SLB.COM' ]
[ Starting encryption ]
[ Starting encryption ]
[ Starting encryption ]
[ Ending encryption ]
telnetd: Authorization failed.
 >>>TELNETD: I will support DES_CFB64
 >>>TELNETD: I will support DES_OFB64
 >>>TELNETD: He is supporting DES_CFB64 (1)
Creating new feed
 >>>TELNETD: (*ep->start)() returned 6
 >>>TELNETD: in encrypt_wait
CFB64: init
[ Connection closed ]
ial vector received
Initializing Decrypt stream
(*ep->is)(8060c83, 9) returned MORE_TO_DO (7)
                                              (*e
p->reply)(8060c83, 1) returned MORE_TO_DO (4)

TELNETD: encrypt_reply returned 4
                                  >>>TELNETD: Enc
rypt start: initial negotiation in progress (0)
DES_CFB64
 >>>TELNETD: Started to encrypt output with type
DES_CFB64