Fwd: URGENT HELP NEEDED for Kerberos

Jameel Syed jsyed at houston.sns.slb.com
Tue Aug 6 13:34:27 EDT 2002

Hi Rahul,

         Thanks for your help. I forgot to create the keytab file for the
host...Now I have created it using kadmin..and the file is located at
/etc/krb5.keytab .

    But I am not sure where to get the srvtab from...I am the admin of this
KDC...but I donot know how to make this file....not sure if this file is
same as the kadm5.keytab file which gets created for the administrator.

    Any clues????

    Currently..the telnet client throws the following error: The kdc.log
and the system log doesn't have any thing logged this time.

[ TerminalId: <xterm> ]
[ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 ]
[ Sent Kerberos V5 credentials to server ]
[ Kerberos V5 Response received ]
[ Kerberos V5 accepts you as 'jsyed at HOUSTON.OMNE
S.SLB.COM' ]
[ Starting encryption ]
[ Starting encryption ]
[ Starting encryption ]