problem in adding principal using kadmin from kerberized server

saratha sarathakn at hotpop.com
Mon Aug 5 17:10:46 EDT 2002

hello all,
            i am having a problem in using kerberos kadmin to add principal in database, from kerberized server. The steps i followed to setup the master KDC are

1. kdb5_util create -r TEST.COM -s
2. kadmin.local -q "addprinc admin/admin at TEST.COM"
3. In kadmin.local:
            ktadd -k /usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab kadmin/admin kadmin/changepw
4. started  krb5kdc and kadmind
5. In kdc.conf i added entry for kadm5.keytab location as
         admin_keytab=FILE:/usr/local/var/krb5kdc/kadm5.keytab

No problem in KDC.

But when i try to add principal from kerberized server I got an error from kadmin as
     Operation requires ``list'' privilege while retrieving list when using listprincs
     Operation requires ``add' privilege while adding.

 I am having kadm5.acl in /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/ and also having entry in kdc.conf.

 What is the problem?  Anything could be added in adm5.acl?

 advance thanks
saratha