krb5_rd_req failed error: URGENT Help needed

Jameel Syed jsyed at houston.sns.slb.com
Mon Aug 5 23:01:58 EDT 2002

Hi all,

     I have installed KDC on a linux , i686 machine. I am using KTelnet
as my telnet client to connect to the telnet server present on the same
machine from a Win2000 system.

    The KDC is MIT KDC 1.2.5 version downloaded from the mit web
site..and the telnet deamon is the one supplied with it.

    Everything goes on fine..the KTelnet client gets the TGT and also
service ticket..but the telnet deamon....gives me the following
error.....It will be great if you'll help me resolve this issue......

Its very urgent and improtant for me to resolve it ASAP...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jameel.

ERROR:

[ TerminalId: <xterm> ]
[ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 ]
[ Sent Kerberos V5 credentials to server ]
ð[ Kerberos V5 didn't accept you ]
[ Reason: telnetd: krb5_rd_req failed: No such f
ile or directory ]
[ Trying mutual KERBEROS5 ]
[ Sent Kerberos V5 credentials to server ]
ð[ Kerberos V5 didn't accept you ]
[ Reason: telnetd: krb5_rd_req failed: No such f
ile or directory ]
[ Trying KERBEROS5 ]
[ Sent Kerberos V5 credentials to server ]
ð[ Kerberos V5 didn't accept you ]
[ Reason: telnetd: krb5_rd_req failed: No such file or directory ]
telnetd: Authorization failed.

[ Connection closed ]

Schlumberger
                                                                                         Jameel