Solaris kNFS and credentials caches

Candice Quates candice at sect232.org
Thu Aug 1 15:58:41 EDT 2002

I was wondering if anyone else who has seen this particular issue or
knows of a fix for it.

I have a Solaris 8 SEAM KDC, and am serving NFS with sec=krb5i on
Solaris 8.  I have clients running Solaris 8 (SEAM 1.0.1) and 9's included
SEAM, which can only access krb5i protected exports if the current
process' credentials uses the default cache name.

So basically, when I have credentials stored in the default location
(/tmp/krb5cc_UID), I can access these protected exports.  If they live
in say, /tmp/krb5cc_UIDNNN, I get permission denied upon trying to
access said exports.

--
Candice Quates
candice at sect232.org