Kerberos support in SSH

matt glogowski matthewg at acuarc.com
Tue Apr 30 10:28:01 EDT 2002

Marc Horowitz <marc at mit.edu> wrote in message news:<t53k7qp62bh.fsf at horowitz-m1.mit.edu>...
> "Phil Camus" <philippe.camus at in-fusio.com> writes:
>
> >> I have my Solaris 5.8 systems running SSH-3.1.0. I've decided to install
> >> Kerberos 5-1.0.6. Both softwares work fine, and I've decided to make the
> >> final step : to compile SSH with kerberos support.
>
> First, this is an old version of kerberos.  Get something newer.
>
> >> Unfortunately, here is what I got :
> >>
> >> checking for krb5_decrypt in -lk5crypto... (cached) no
> >> checking for krb5_auth_con_init in -lkrb5... (cached) no
>
> In this context, "cached" means "remembering a value from a previous
> autoconf run".  I'd guess that you built in this source directory
> before you had kerberos installed, and configure is remembering this.
> Remove config.cache, and try again.
>
>                 Marc

your environment may not be correctly setup and may need to add
something like this (CSH/TCSH):

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH":/usr/kerberos/lib
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH":/usr/kerberos/lib/kerberosIV
setenv INCLUDE "$INCLUDE":/usr/kerberos/include

also these are the options i used:

How to Build the SSH Daemon under Solaris

Type `make distclean` to clean out old configurations

Run configure with the following options:

   ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-libwrap --with-kerberos5 \
   --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh2 --without-ipv6 --with-x \
   --without-ssh-agent1-compat --with-piddir=/etc/ssh2

Type `make all`

Type `make install`

Modify/create a init script to start SSH in /etc/rc3.d

-matt