ANNOUNCE: Perl module Authen::Krb5::KDB v0.06 released

Dave Steiner steiner at bakerst.rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 24 15:06:45 EDT 2002

Version 0.06 of Authen::Krb5::KDB has been released to CPAN.  This is
the last alpha release unless there are major problems with the
interface.  All suggestions welcome at the address below.

New in this version:
- Added modules to parse TL and Key data
- Added KRB5_TL_* defines to KDB_H.pm
- Added more data integrity checks
- more tests
- added get_attributes method to return readable list of attributes
- Allow non-standard paths to kdb5_util program in Makefile.PL

You can install this either by using the the CPAN shell:

  perl -MCPAN -e 'install("Authen::Krb5::KDB")'

or by using your web browser and pointing it to the CPAN search
engine:

   http://search.cpan.org/search?module=Authen::Krb5::KDB

--- README ---
Authen::Krb5::KDB is a set of perl modules to read and parse Kerberos
V5 dump files.  Currently it supports Version 3, 4 and 5 dump files.

While I want to add new features to these modules, I think the
interface is fairly stable.  Therefore will be the last alpha release
unless I hear of any problems with or suggestions to change the
interface.
If you have any suggestions, problems, or comments please email me at
the address below.

You install the library by running these commands:

   perl Makefile.PL
   make
   make test
   make install

This assumes that you've installed the kerberos program kdb5_util in
the standard location of /usr/local/sbin.  If you have installed it in
a non-standard location like /usr/local/krb5/sbin, then use the
KDB5_UTIL_PATH argument to Makefile.PL as follows:

   perl Makefile.PL KDB5_UTIL_PATH=/usr/local/krb5/sbin

The module KDB_H.pm is generated via the script gen_kdb_h.plx but
since it requires the Kerberos sources to be available it's not run
automatically from the Makefile.  The module in this distribution is
build from Kerberos Version 1.2.4 and should work on any older
versions.  If you want to rebuild the KDB_H.pm module, run the
following command with the appropriate path to your Kerberos sources:

   perl gen_kdb_h.plx /my/sources/krb5-1.2.4/src

The following modules are required:

   Carp
   POSIX

Please report any bugs/suggestions to <steiner at td.rutgers.edu>

Copyright (c) 2002 David K. Steiner.  All rights reserved.

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the same terms as Perl itself.

--- README ---

Dave Steiner                  steiner at bakerst.rutgers.edu
Network Systems and Services, Telecommunications Division
Rutgers University Computing Services, Rutgers University