Kerberized CVS

Austin Gonyou austin at coremetrics.com
Fri Apr 19 13:04:44 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 21:50, eichin-krb at thok.org wrote:
> Umm, cvs has native GSSAPI support, or it did when I left cygnus (5
> years ago or so?)
So you're saying gserver, versus kserver then? Just FMI.

> Nonetheless, I'd recommend "cvs over openssh with gss support"
> instead.
But doing that doesn't really do anything for authentication, other than
adding 2 layers, and 2 maintenance points. I say that because with
pserver, you've got to maintain a set of usernames/passwords, but don't
need user accounts on the box.

With gserver and OpenSSH you would need user accounts on the box, AND
maintain the file with the principals. Is that not correct?

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA
email: austin at coremetrics.com