Kerberos 5, kprop problem

Marius Sorteberg marius at overalt.no
Fri Apr 19 11:10:12 EDT 2002

Hi!

I Have the same problem, and solved it by creating service tickets for my KDC's "A" records as well.
But I don't think this is the right way of doing it..

>Wait, but the manual doesn't say that (at least, the bit you quoted).
>It doesn't say anything about creating CNAMEs there.  It just says, "If
>your KDC is called "kerberos.mit.edu", here is what you run inside
>kadmin".  I'll admit that it's confusing, but I don't see where it says
>to create service principals based on hostname aliases.

Look at this section:
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5-1.2/krb5-1.2.4/doc/install.html#SEC12

And this:
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/krb5-1.2/krb5-1.2.4/doc/install.html#SEC59

I like to do this "the right way", so please help, if you know what to do.

Thanks!

Marius Sorteberg