imap server and GSSAPI ?

Martin Schulz schulz at iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Apr 18 11:20:59 EDT 2002

Hello,

I'am currently setting up an imap server. Basic mail delivery works,
but authentication still needs password passing (via ssl, but
nevertheless). But I definitely want to make use of the available Krb5
TGT, to avoid that password passing; as I understood it, GSSAPI is the
way to go.

Are there any comprehensive descriptions about this setup?

I found a brief description for cyrus-imapd, but I am using the UW imapd.

Suggestions, URLs?

Yours,
Martin Schulz                             schulz at iwrmm.math.uni-karlsruhe.de
Uni Karlsruhe, Institut f. wissenschaftliches Rechnen u. math. Modellbildung
Engesser Str. 6, 76128 Karlsruhe