kadmind and GSS-API authentication names

Stefan krb5 at gmx.net
Wed Apr 17 04:17:48 EDT 2002

Hi

I tried to set up kerberos5 1.2.3 on a Linux box.
Krb5kdc works fine, but only with kadmin.local.
Everytime I try to start kadmind, I run into the following
error message:

kadmind: Cannot set the GSS-API authentication names.

The log shows the following:

kadmind[15225](Error): Cannot set the GSS-API authentication names, failing

What are GSS-API authentication names and what can I do about that ?
Is there any recommended reading except for the install/admin/user guide
found on the MIT page ?

TIA,
Stefan