ssh

Simon Wilkinson sxw at dcs.ed.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 17:51:35 EDT 2002

Norbert Veber (nveber at pyre.virge.net) wrote:
: Srinivas Cheruku wrote:
: > and the Simon's GSSAPI/Kerberos patch from
: > http://www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.html

: Why is this patch needed?  I thought openssh had built-in kerberos
: support?

Yes, and no.

OpenSSH's current Kerberos v5 support is limited to the (now
deprecated) version 1 protocol, and to the Heimdal implementation. The
portable code doesn't (currrently) support configuration of the
Kerberos support.

However, my patches which add autoconf and MIT Kerberos support for
the version 1 protocol have just been accepted into the CVS codebase,
so should hopefully be present in a forthcoming release.

You will still the patches from my web page if you wish to use Kerberos
over the version 2 protocol.

Cheers,

Simon.