FileZilla, Kerberos 5, Win98

Anthony Olejnik tony at pobox.upenn.edu
Thu Apr 11 16:18:22 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm unable to get FileZilla (windows FTP client w/kerberos 5 support)
to connect to my server from Win98 machines.

I've tried it on a number of other OSs (ex ME, NT WS 4.0, 2000 pro,
XP pro, and XP home).  In those cases, FileZilla (v1.8 thru 1.9.4a)
works fine (with K5 tickets obtained from MIT's Leash32 v2.1.2).

I get the following error under Win98 SE:
	Authentication failed.  Often this means that you do not
        have a Kerberos version 5 ticket. Consider running Leash32
	first. ...

Well, I *do* have a K5 ticket (Leash32 indicates so).  And, I've
verified that I have a K5 ticket by using another Kerberized app
(Hummingbird's Host Explorer: telnet).

Again, all works fine with other OSs.  Just win98 is a problem.
And, I've tried several 'flavors' of:
	- Win98 (an OEM Win98SE, a MS Win98 SE, and a MS Win 98)
	- Leash32 (v2.1, 2.1.1, 2.1.2)
	- FileZilla (v1.8, 1.9.3, 1.9.4a)

I suspect some sort of bug (in FileZilla) with respect to Win98 (as
other the other kerberized apps I have work fine under Win98).

Any help/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

--tony