FreeBSD pam_krb5 not getting a ticket at login

Jose Marques noway at nohow.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 11:00:55 EST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Someone wrote:

> I am using FreeBSD with pam_krb5 for login and SSH, the problem is that
> when I login from the console or via SSH and type k5list I see that I
> have not received any ticket, so I need to manually use k5init to get one.

On FreeBSD you need to list the pam_krb5 first, eg.

login   auth    sufficient      pam_krb5.so
login   auth    sufficient      pam_skey.so use_first_pass
login   auth    requisite       pam_cleartext_pass_ok.so use_first_pass
login   auth    sufficient      pam_unix.so

Then it should work.  One problem I've found with xdm is that if the KDC
is not available then xdm locks up the keyboard.

--
Jose Marques