[Kdc-info] notes from today

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Thu Nov 13 02:23:29 EST 2003

I'm with Leif.

Basically, there will be policy _types_, each with a OID, and intances
of policy types will have names (and also UUIDs, but that's another
story), and, for each policy type there will be at most one policy
associated with a principal.

Note that dumb clients need not know about policy contents - just policy
names.

Smart clients may know how to deal with policy contents.

This allows for the addition of an acl policy.  For a server like MIT's
kadmind there would be one and only one instance of an acl policy type
(e.g., "default") because there is a single acl (kadm5.acl) for all
princs in a realm (more or less :)

Nico