[Kdc-info] prelim draft of kdc information model

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Tue Jul 15 09:56:52 EDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Sam Hartman wrote:

> 2) Don't I want to be able to configure the enctypes and salttypes
>     that future password changes will use per principal as well?

Yes, you probably do.  This saves the user or administrator from having to
explicitly specify a list of enctypes each time the password is changed.
This is particularly important with regard to service principals, where
the set of enctypes for which there are keys in the KDC must match that
supported by the server software.