[Kdc-info] kdc-info meeting at ietf56

Thomas Owusu towusu at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 18 08:39:03 EDT 2003

Some existing LDAP schemas/implementations include ticket and account
attributes
in addition to the password attributes you'd find in MIT implementation.

---
Thomas Owusu
towusu at us.ibm.com
512.436.9835

Wyllys Ingersoll <wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com>
Sent by: kdc-info-bounces at mit.edu
04/17/2003 04:12 PM

        To:     Leif Johansson <leifj at it.su.se>
        cc:     kdc-info at mit.edu
        Subject:        Re: [Kdc-info] kdc-info meeting at ietf56

Leif Johansson wrote:
> Leif Johansson wrote:
>
>> Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:
>>

>>> So, its been a while since IETF, so I just would like to
>>> ping the list to see about getting some progress on this
>>> document before the Summer meeting.
>>

>> I was just thinking that myself...
>>

>>> In our discussions in SF, did we decide that the policy
>>> information should be included in the info model or not?
>>>
>>> -Wyllys
>>>
>> Yes I believe that the plan was to build a "full" information-model.
>> This is
>> a first list of concepts as far as I can tell.
>>
>> * realm
>> * principal
>> * keyset/key
>>       -- there may be extra data associated with keys in revisions;
>> right?
>> * policy
>>    * password-policy
>>    * ??
>>
>> At this level of "abstraction" would you agree that this is a
reasonable
>> complete list?
>>      leifj
>>
> Any comments on this? I am especially looking for input on two points:
>
> 1. Is there other policy besideds "password policy"?

I believe MIT only supports password policies for now.

What about the kadm5.acl file?  Are ACL's something to consider
for inclusion?

> 2. Extra data associated with keys? What are the requirements from
> clarifications?

Whatever is included in the definition of a key, I suppose.   Perhaps
someone else would elaborate.

-Wyllys