Subject: [J-learn] J class in January

From: Arthur Anger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 20:35:25 -0500

ATTENTION, mailing-list member:

1.  You may be interested in attending a series of classes on
J-programming which I shall be giving in January, as described
below.  If so, please notify me.

2.  You may be interested in reading class discussion notes
without attending.  If so, just stay tuned.

3.  You may not be interested at this time.  If not, you should
consider unsubscribing from the J-Learn list, or asking me to
remove your address.

Thanks for your past interest.
--Art Anger

----------------
Learn J:  the thinking programmers' language

You are invited to learn a compactly defined programming
language of great flexibility and power.
It provides a desk-calculator facility with a rich operation set.
Using it on multi-dimensional arrays of values trains you
to focus on high levels of data description and processing.
Practicing its principles of functional-program form
helps you see how to break a large task into useful
smaller units.

Some professional programmers design, test, and debug
their algorithms in J before implementing them in other
required languages.

Modest acquaintance with some form of computer programming
is presupposed.

Register with [email-masked] .
Bring your Windows, Mac, or Unix box, and a pet calculation project.
Free software and documentation at JSoftware.Com .

Tu&Th, 4-5pm, 2009 Jan. 6 8  13 15  20 22  27 29
MIT Bldg. N52, 211 Mass. Ave.:  Demonstration Center