[ietf-enroll] Future of this WG

Randy Turner rturner at amalfisystems.com
Thu Jun 23 11:28:11 EDT 2005

Hi Thierry and group,

I think the solution space for my trusted device issues I spoke of
earlier can fit within your constrained charter
and requirements. I think you did a pretty good job of trimming the
fat regarding where the real problem is.

I think it's going to be difficult to rationalize some of what would
be a resulting "enroll" solution without calling attention
to particular business models that we are trying to address. If this
is just simply reaffirming the problem, then I think we
still need a problem-space review. At a plenary meeting last year, I
know I couldn't really describe the problem to folks without
talking about one or more business models that an enroll solution
would have to support.

FYI, when I have plotted initial solutions to this problem space, the
enrollment credentials are transient, and expire rapidly. If the
enrollment process is not initiated within a short period of time,
the communication of the bootstrap credentials from provider to
consumer has to be repeated, with another new temporary credential
token.

Randy