[ietf-enroll] Some thoughts on ENROLL's direction

Roddy, Sue saroddy at tycho.ncsc.mil
Wed Apr 21 07:56:43 EDT 2004

Max, I prefer Sandi....

Some clarification please - is the intent to have the OOB exchanges
"managed" by humans who will be populating information from some external
markings on a given piece of equipment?  Thus the option of using a baked in
UID?

I had thought that some form of either IP or "over-the-air" exchange between
the equipment and the management center as the key conversion/exchange
process would be part of domain enrollment, along with something that a
human "sponsor" needs to do to inform the management center that this
specific equipment was indeed part of their domain.

Is ENROLL only addressing the human factor exchange?  And is there a
constraint that only externally viewable identifiers will be
required/utilized for UID?

Sandi Roddy
CISSP
TD Security, I53