[ietf-enroll] Proposed revision to the charter wording

Pekka Nikander pekka.nikander at nomadiclab.com
Fri Dec 12 03:07:35 EST 2003

Paul and Eric,

I am reasonably happy with the proposed new charter text,
with the changes proposed by Max.

The distinction between identification and authorization is
now much better.  Maybe it could benefit from some more
tweaking, but I wouldn't consider that worth the effort.

I'm very happy about Max' clarification that the credentials to
be created are to be *independent*.  IMHO, that is an
important one.

The three pieces of data now include other attributes.  Good.

One issue that must be understood, but does not need to be
present in the charter, is that sometimes the identifier and
the keying information may be the same.  That is the case in
some key oriented approaches.  For example, consider using the
HIP Host Identity name space.

The text is now clear enough that the model to be produced
is a "model describing procedures", which defines the nature
of the model.

I don't quite understand Max' proposal for configuration
information (probably because I wasn't at the BOF), but I
don't have any objections.  It's an example, anyway.

What comes to the milestones (which were not included in
the charter text), I still would like to see a document
that analyses a number of current scenarios.

--Pekka Nikander