[ietf-enroll] Charter

Max Pritikin pritikin at cisco.com
Wed May 28 18:04:55 EDT 2003

SACRED depends on enrollment to establish trust between the device and the
credential server. (Either some direct enrollment or via an existing PKI
or whatever).

ENROLL provides the functionality for that enrollment.

Personally I like the term INTRODUCTION instead of 'enrollment' because it
clarifies this conversation: This group provides INTRODUCTION so that
device can enroll to obtain credentials. SACRED provides mechanisms for
moving credentials between devices.

	- Max