[ietf-enroll] Charter

Max Pritikin pritikin at cisco.com
Thu May 1 16:43:29 EDT 2003

About credit cards (see below),

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Jim Schaad wrote:

> Paul,
>
> A couple of comments in line.
>
> jim

Credit cards themselves should not be a primary mission. But this
highlights the important of a model like the introduction mechanisms I
just sent out some notes about.

This is a case where the Introducer (user) is leveraging their credit
card as key material between themselves and the Registrar (service
provider). This is should be perfectly acceptable (and is - using the
transitive introduction model) without requiring any specific support from
the device being brought into the new trust relationship.

I think it is important to solve the introduction and enrollment problem
without specifying particular types of credentials end to end.

	- Max