[ietf-enroll] List status?

Max Pritikin pritikin at cisco.com
Tue Nov 26 13:59:32 EST 2002

gives a 404 error. Is there an archive available?

At the end of the discussion at IETF it seemed we were in agreement that
there was _something_ wrong with existing enrollment protocols. I don’t
believe we could clearly state what the problem was yet.

I propose that the problem has to do with ‘introduction’ not ‘enrollment’.
The various competing enrollment protocols are fine, they do exactly what
they claim to, and the differences are just implementation details. The
problem seems to be how enrollment is started, where the existing protocols
all start with some sort of ‘out of band’ mechanism (which translates to
‘undefined’, ‘unknown’ and ‘the problem’).

	- max pritikin