[I-mobile-u] Harvard code release

David Ormsbee david.ormsbee at modolabs.com
Fri Oct 22 18:52:25 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Harvard code is available at:

  Mobile Web: http://github.com/modolabs/Harvard-Mobile-Web
  iPhone: http://github.com/modolabs/Harvard-Mobile-for-iPhone

Special note about the Mobile Web: There's a /future directory that has
major changes to how the framework works. It's mostly functional, though we
may still move a few things around and it hasn't undergone thorough QA yet.
Some highlights include:
* Smarty for templating, and the removal of a lot of redundant HTML code
* Easier customization/theming
* Modules are much more self-contained, making future upgrades simpler

To try it out, point your Apache web dir to /future/web. mod_rewrite is
required. We've generally been developing with MAMP (
http://www.mamp.info/en/index.html), so that's probably your best bet for
kicking the tires.

Harvard is not yet using /future (hence the name), but we plan to have it
fully ported over in time for their next major release. When it's a little
more stable, we hope to merge it back upstream into the MIT Mobile Web repo.

We know there are a lot of rough edges and gaps to fill in terms of
documentation, but we hope you folks like what you see so far. :-)

Have a great weekend.

Dave