[I-mobile-u] http://emulator.mtld.mobi/emulator.php

Andrew J Yu andrewyu at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 11 17:24:33 EST 2009

We use a service called DeviceAnywhere (www.deviceanywhere.com) which provides hardware level access to hundreds of devices. It can be costly (you get charge for every 6 minutes of use), but if there is enough interest from iMobileU group, we can approach vendor to work out a higher education discount. Also, many mobile developer networks recommend their service (it might be free for specific developer programs) in addition to providing simulators and emulators.

>From our experience, nothing beats the real devices, but since we cannot get them all, DeviceAnywhere is the second best option. Of course, we do use simulators and emulators as well.

Andrew
P.S.  I've only heard from 6 people so far in Doodle ( http://www.doodle.com/participation.html?pollId=6syhbpq99wnqpdxa). I will wait till Friday morning to give other folks interested in participating in the call. I will send out the time/phone number/etc before the end of the day on Friday for a call next week.