[galib] galib Digest, Vol 131, Issue 2

Glenn Sugden headcrash at mac.com
Wed Aug 14 14:57:06 EDT 2019

> On Aug 14, 2019, at 10:57 AM, galib-request at mit.edu wrote:
>
> gaerror.C:
> gaerror.C:21:39: error: use of undeclared identifier 'cerr'
> static STD_OSTREAM *__gaErrStream = & STD_CERR;
>                                      ^
> ..\ga/std_stream.h:50:25: note: expanded from macro 'STD_CERR'
> #define STD_CERR        cerr

.
.
.

	Lines 42-46 of gaconfig.h:

  GALIB_USE_STD_NAMESPACE

                      Some platforms need to explicitly use the std namespace
		      when referring to streams and other std components, but
		      others do not.

	…affects line 22 in std_stream.h:

#if defined(GALIB_USE_STD_NAMESPACE)

	...GALIB_USE_STD_NAMESPACE isn’t being defined (that’s conditionally set further down in gaconfig.h).

	…Try (temporarily!) changing line 22 in std_stream.h to:

#if 1

	…to see if that fixes that error, and if so, figure out why gaconfig.h isn’t setting that #define for the std:: namespace correctly (I don’t know anything about your Borland compiler setup (gleaned from Borland\BCC102 in your error messages), so you may have to monkey around with the gaconfig.h file to set the #definitions correctly for your setup).

Good luck!

::Glenn