[galib] question about galib extension

Natalia Iglesias de Amunategui natalia.iglesias at casadearriba.net
Wed Jan 9 15:16:59 EST 2013

Hello,

I have been asked to implement the(μ + lambda) selection strategy with
GALIB. Basically, in each evolution, a new temporary population with the
same size as the original population would be created, both populations
should be merged and a new population would be created with the popsize best
individuals.

So basically for the selection of new population:

·         For each generation,  offspring are generated from μ parents and
crossed and mutated

·         New population is the best μ individuals selected from the μ
parents and lambda offspring

·         Implements elitism

I have been taking a look to the galib code of the steadystate algorithm and
I think this is precisely the strategy it implements. Should that be the
case,  I do not need to extend GALIB, I just  have to use the existing
steadyState algorithm with nReplacement = popsize, and I would be
implementing this selection strategy. Is this assumption correct, or am I
missing something here?

Thanks in advance,

Natalia Iglesias