[galib] GAlib in C#

Davide davide.ferrari.85 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:20:15 EST 2012

Dear All,
I'm going to use the GAlib library for my thesis project.
Up to now I have writen all my project in C#, using Visual Studio, so now I
have to import the library in my code..
I have built the library and get the .lib following this guide:

http://www.hyperdrifter.com/software/tutorial/compiling_galib_using_microsoft_visual_cpp.html

After some days of searching, it seems that the best method to use C++
library in  C#  is to create a wrapper in managed C++, so that (maybe) I
will able to add a reference to the managed C++ library.
I'm not sure if this works, since there is no well documented examples and
dissenting opinions as you can see from the answers of my posts:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/11feb1fa-dc19-45e6-890b-4191aa4bce0c

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9149493/c-library-in-c-sharp-inherit-classes#comment11504072_9149493

So, I kindly ask to you what do you think about, if you have any suggestion
about how to use GAlib in C#.
Please, I'm quite discouraged, I want to use galib but I have just written
a lot of rows of code in C# and I would avoid to re write all in C++..
Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for my poor English.
Dave,
Italy