[galib] A representation question as a GAlib beginner

zhangh1@umbc.edu zhangh1 at umbc.edu
Fri Apr 15 16:21:50 EDT 2011

Hi Patrick:

Probably I should have put my problem a more straightforward way. Lets say
100 kinds of fruits, and I want to find the best combination of 10
different kinds of fruits (say to make the best jam). Now I number these
100 kinds of fruits from 1 to 100 (I called this "index"), and I want to
evolve over these index numbers. I need to make sure for each genome there
are no duplicate numbers (each fruit selected at most once). I want to use
GA1DArrayGenome by not sure how to make sure each number is identical.

Thanks again for your time!

Best Regards, Hailiang