[galib] Does GAlib support a predefined population as initial population?

blazefirst blazefirst at freemail.hu
Sun Feb 28 03:39:27 EST 2010

After initializing and before evolving the population, you can modify
your genomes to
contain the predefined information you were referring to.

The other way of doing this is writing you own initializer function:
GAPopulation calls each individual's initializer function.

void
GAPopulation::DefaultInitializer(GAPopulation & p){
   for(int i=0; i<p.size(); i++)
     p.individual(i).initialize();
}

A function, which is referred by the Initializer pointer (GAGenome.h:)
typedef void  (*Initializer)(GAGenome &);

The initializer is usually configured in the constructor of the genomes.
For example, in GARealGenome:
     initializer(DEFAULT_REAL_INITIALIZER);

Check out ex11.C in the examples directory for the customization of the
genome's initializer function.
     genome.initializer(ListInitializer);

So, there is a way, but you have to implement it.

Regards,
Balazs

2010.02.27. 18:56 kelteze'ssel, vishnu prathish i'rta: